Muscles worked: Primarily your booty (gluteus maximus/medius/minimus) & muscles of your thighs (quadriceps). Also, it works stabilizers muscles such as the muscles supporting your spine (erector spinae), your "inside" abs (transverse abdominis), back of the leg muscles (soleus, gastrocnemius, hamstrings).
1. Stand with your core engaged, chest held up & out. Shoulders back, eyes looking directly ahead. Feet slightly wider than hip-width apart, pointing out 45 degrees
2. To keep your balance, you can extend your arms straight out in front of you (reaching out position), bend them at the elbows, or bring them together as if praying, at chest level
3. Keep your eyes looking directly ahead, not at the floor and keep your chest up
4. Don't round your back or drop shoulders in.
5. Keep spine straight focus on engaging your core (belly button to spine)
6. Inhale as you bend your knees and sink your hips down until your thighs are parallel to the floor
7. To come up, keep your body tight, and push through your heels to bring yourself back to the starting position.